NEW! Global business tax data: available on Euromonitor Passport
Have you ever needed global business tax data for your Finance and International Business modules? Well it’s now available in your Euromonitor Passport subscription!
You now have the following categories of data in Passport:
- Number of Tax Payments
- Time Spent to Pay Taxes
- Total Tax Rate, which is comprised of labour tax and contributions, the profit tax rate and other tax rates:
- Labour Tax and Contributions Rate
- Profit Tax Rate
- Other Tax Rates
So, why do International Business students need to know about global trends in taxation?
- Countries’ business tax rates are a major deciding factor for companies when considering where to invest.
- Competitive business tax rates are typically strongly linked to high levels of foreign direct investment inflows. This in turn creates employment, boosting consumer incomes.
- Companies need to weigh up the number of tax payments and the time it takes to pay them. If tax procedures are complex then this can add significantly to the cost of paying taxes because of the increase in accountants’ fees.
Where can you find all this global tax data?
Go to: Countries and Consumers – Business Environment page
Go to Search Tree
- Ease of Doing Business
- Paying Taxes
- Total Tax Rate
Definitions of terminology used by Euromonitor can be found under the Statistics table or in the Help section.